Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Craftsy 2016 Sock Knit-Along - Day 12

So I am currently working the foot decreases on the first sock and it is very slow going, but it is looking nice. I was confused (again) at first but after watching the video tutorial in the class, I understood it.

As you can see, the solid green for the heel gives it some fun character and does not really take away from the pattern at all, which makes me really happy. I was so worried it would look bad.

So, along with the socks, I have finally gotten around to working on my daughter's shawl. She had picked out the fur February of last year and I finally found the perfect yarns to go with it for the pattern.

I am using the pattern Splendid Shawl by Lainie Hering that I picked up at Knit or Knot in Jupiter, FL. The pattern called for a ribbon to be knitting through it in sections but I hated the texture, it ruined the overall softness of the shawl.

I have a feeling it is going to be so elegant looking when it is complete, cannot wait.

So, that is what I have gotten accomplished so far, what have you gotten done?

No comments: