Monday, March 21, 2016

Craftsy 2016 Sock Knit-Along - Post 18

I am now through two runs of the pattern on the foot part of these wonderful toe-up socks. The pattern is Serpentine Socks by Lucy Neatby and is the second sock in the Craftsy Knit-Along 2016: Socks. I am using Edgewood Garden Studio Silk / BFL Blend Sport Weight Handspun Handpainted Yarn in Seafoam from my stash, I thought "Seafoam" and "Serpentine" just made a great pair.

I had started using this yarn to knit a different sock pattern, but it just wasn't working out so I frogged it and started these. They are going much more smoothly and quicker. (For those that don't know the lingo, Frogging is the act of ripping them out.)

Anyway, I still have one more run through the pattern before I start the heel, a little nervous about that as it is an completely different technique that I have done before. Aiming to have them done by the end of the month and the final pair done by the end of next month. I know I am a month behind, but hey... At least I am getting them done. :)

Are you doing the knit-along? Share a link to your progress here. :)

No comments: