Monday, August 27, 2018

Starting a Terrifying Project

So, in 2015 I got this great deal and bought the Craftsy class Celtic Cables with Carol Feller. "Enjoy the knit of the Irish as you follow Carol Feller stitch by stitch to make a flattering cardigan sweater with contemporary Celtic cabling."

I bought the yarn for two different cardigans.

I printed the instructions and additional information.

I bought the needles.

I sat on all of it for three years! Holy crap, I can't believe I have been intimidated by this project for three fracking years!

So, today I decided to break out the beautiful yarn I bought in March of 2015 and the pattern. I brought up the tutorial and the first awesome thing I learned to do, is an alternative cable cast-on. It makes it so that the stitches are going in the proper direction for a ribbed edge. Beautiful!

I'm currently working on the bottom rib, but as it works up I will share my progress.

 The hardest part of the entire thing so far, taking my measurements! It's fitted, so hoping I got them right.

No comments: