Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Cardigan Updates


after repair and marking for cables
So, last night, August 28th, I finished the ribbed bottom cuff. I was all excited, then I realized somehow I misread the cast-on count while being super intimidated by the cast-on method and was 20 stitches short. Did I tear the entire thing out? No, I made a 20 stitch piece and very carefully added it to the part I had complete. It's not perfect, but unless someone is examining it up close, it's not overly noticeable.

How did I figure out about the mistake? Well, I was doing the cable layout and the pattern was way off. So I did it again, and still... off. Counted, and bloody heck! So, now I have finally repaired my mistake and got the markers in place, which by-the-way, I didn't have enough of so I used safety pins. LOL

With all this excitement, I am not sure I am ready to move on to the next step of the project! Time to watch more of the tutorial video and see what to expect in the next phase.

Okay, so I started on the cable last night (28th) and wow it was really difficult. Like, I thought I would be cross-eyed for life difficult. Finished 3 rows and I was
a sample of my color-coding
done. It looks good so far, but trying to follow the different directions was a bit insane, so today I went through my kids' school supplies and found a bag of highlighters. This should be much easier to follow now.

Other than color-coding the pattern, I've really not gotten anything accomplished on the actual sweater. I think I need a day of rest on the eyeballs after last night, but perhaps I will work on it a little more tonight while watching tv.  I hope to at least get to the next video phase, decreasing the waist, tonight.

Will see.

No comments: