Friday, October 21, 2011

Baking Bread

So last night my son comes to me and asks me to bake him some pumpkin bread with the leftover pumpkin from the pie I baked for him the other day. I've never baked pumpkin bread before so I went online and looked at many recipes and finally decided to make one of my own. Here's the recipe:
Fresh out of the oven
Kye's Pumpkin Bread
(yield 1 loaf)
Preheat oven to 350*
1/c cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
8oz pumpkin mush (or Libby's pumpkin)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp clove
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger

Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs and pumpkin. In seperate bowl combine dry ingredients and slowly add to wet mixture. Pour mixture into lightly greased and floured bread pan. Bake 50-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Place pan on cooling rack when done.

No comments: